Sweet & Spicy Chicken Salad
Approx 4 Portions
Chicken & Marinade
2 x Large chicken breasts
4tbsp x Light soy sauce
2 x Garlic cloves (Peeled & grated)
1 tsp x Fresh ginger (Peeled & grated)
2 tsp x Olive oil
1/2 x Lime juice
2 tsp x Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp x Sesame seed oil
2 tbsp x Sriracha sauce
1 tbsp x Honey
1/4 x Iceberg lettuce (Washed & sliced)
1/4 x White cabbage (Sliced)
1 x Red bell pepper (Deseeded & sliced)
1 Large x Carrot (Peeled & cut into julienne
3 x Spring onions (Washed & sliced)
1 Sprig x Fresh cilantro
1 tsp x Poppy seeds
1 tsp x Sesame seeds
1 Slice x Wholemeal bread
1/2 x Garlic clove (Peeled & grated)
1 tbsp x Olive oil
1 Pinch x Natural sea salt
Raspberry Balsamic Dressing
100ml/1/2 Cup x Balsamic vinegar
100ml/1/2 Cup x Olive oil
10 x Raspberries
1 tsp x Honey
Fried Rice Noodles
300ml/1 1/4 Cups x Peanut oil
Handful x Rice noodles
1) Prepare the marinade for the chicken and mix all the ingredients into a bowl. Add the chicken breasts, cover and place into the fridge for 1 – 2 hours.
2) Prepare all the vegetables for the salad by placing into a large mixing bowl. Mix well together then set aside.
3) Pre heat the oven to 180c/350f. Slice the whomeal bread into cubes and place onto a baking tray. Next add the oil, salt and garlic paste onto the tray. Mix well together and place into the oven to cook for 5 – 10 minutes, until the croutons are golden and crunchy.
4) For the dressing place all the ingredients into a blender or hand blender attachment. Blend well until the ingredients have incorporated and then set aside.
5) Place a deep frying pan or sauce pan onto a medium heat with the 300ml oil. Once 180c/350f carefully drop some of the rice noodles. Allow them to cook for 30 seconds or until they have puffed up. Once puffed up take out of the oil and allow them to drain on a plate lined with kitchen roll.
6) Pre heat the oven again to 180c/350f and pre heat a cast iron grill pan. Pour the marinade into a medium size pan and place onto a medium heat to reduce. Rub oil over the chicken breasts and season. Once the cast iron pan is hot place the chicken breasts face down. Cook for 5 minutes each side then place them onto a tray. Place into the oven to cook for 30 – 35 minutes. Take the chicken out the rest and reduce the sauce until it is slightly sticky. Once sticky coat the chicken breasts in the glaze. Slice the chicken then assemble the salad with the croutons into the bowl.