Meatloaf mix – Makes for approx 4 – 6 people
680g/1.5lbs x Ground beef
1 x Yellow/White onion
2 x Garlic cloves
1 Sprig fresh thyme
2tbsp x Yellow/Dijon mustard
1tsp x Dried oregano
1 x Sprig parsley
3tbs x Worcestershire sauce
2tbsp x Ketchup
1 x Egg
125g/1 Cup x Breadcrumbs
1/2tsp x Cracked black pepper
3 Pinches x Natural sea salt
8 – 10 x Prosciutto
55g/1/4 Cup x Ketchup
3tbsp x Worcestershire sauce
1tbsp x Soft brown sugar
500g/1.1lbs x (2 Large) russet potatoes
110g/1/2 Cup x Butter
110g/1/2 Cup x Milk
Cracked black pepper
Veggies (Of your choice)
125g/4oz x Fresh green beans
3 x Large carrots
1 x Bread tin (23cm x 13cm) (9inch x 5inch)
1) Place a frying pan onto a medium heat with a tablespoon of oil into the pan. Peel & dice the onion. Peel and grate the garlic on the top. Pick the thyme leaves, then place all into the pan to gently cook down for 5 minutes until soft. Once soft, take off the heat and place into a large mixing bowl.
2) Add all of the ingredients to the mixing bowl with the onion mix apart from the prosciutto. Mix well and season.
3) Pre heat the oven to 180c/350f. Lay out two pieces of cling film over the work surfaces slightly over lapping each other. Lay out the prosciutto over lapping a small mound of each. Place the beef mix into the center, into a rectangle shape. Fold up the prosciutto and carefully place into the bread tin.
4) In a mixing bowl mix together the glaze and spread over the top of the meatloaf. Place onto a roasting tray and place into the oven to cook for one hour.
5) Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into equal sizes. Place into a large sauce pan and cover with water. Place onto a high heat and cook down the potatoes until soft.
6) While waiting for the potatoes, prepare the vegetables. Peel & slice the carrots. Top and tail the green beans.
7) Place the butter and milk into a sauce pan. Place onto a low heat to melt the butter into the milk.
8) Drain off the potatoes once soft and put them back into the pan to dry out on a high heat for 20 – 30 seconds. Mash/rice the potatoes and then add the butter milk mixture. Mash well until smooth and season.
9) Take out the meatloaf, allowing it to rest for 15 minutes. Place a pan of water to boil the carrots for 15 minutes (Depending on the thickness) and drop the green beans to cook for the last 4 minutes. Slice the meatloaf and serve.
Vod – Check out the video below for more guidance